We have collected some of the most frequently asked questions about Silent Wings from the forums. Look here first if you have any questions or problems related to Silent Wings products.
-  General Questions
- [1-1] Is there a CD/DVD version?
- [1-2] Can I buy with a credit card?
- [1-3] Does Silent Wings support online multiplayer?
- [1-4] Is there a free demo available?
- [1-5] When is Silent Wings 2.0 coming out?
-  Troubleshooting
- [2-1] The program crashes when clicking the "Quick Flight" or "Fly Now" buttons.
- [2-2] I get an error message claiming that my graphics card does not support texture compression
- [2-3] I get an error message saying that my graphics card does not support "Pbuffers"
-  Licenses
- [3-1] Where do I download the license key?
- [3-2] My computer isn't connected to the internet, how do I get my license key?
- [3-3] I just bought a new computer or hard drive and now Silent Wings will not run anymore! Why?
- [3-4] Do I need to purchase a license before downloading?
- Register a 14 days demo license
- Purchase a full license
- Download a license key which has been paid for
 General Questions
Longer answer: Silent Wings 2.0 has been in development for many years now. Silent Wings 2.0 is a basically complete rewrite of everything to support more modern hardware and programming tecniques. We have set the ambitions quite high, and the current level of technology enables us to do a lot of stuff that we couldn't do back in 2005. This means that it takes a lot of time, and since both the developers have small kids and demanding daytime jobs which unfortunately has little to do with soaring simulation, the development process must be done in small (but effective) bursts over a very long time...
We have a lot of stuff ready, and some of it can be seen in the new Silent Wings Studio software that has been used very successfully in live broadcasting the Sailplane Grand Prix events the past couple of years. It is still a long way to go though.
We will of course keep you informed, but we will not announce much before it gets closer to release. We need to focus our Silent Wings time on the programming process itself.www.nvidia.com or www.ati.com.
<a name="T3" [2-3] I get an error message saying that my graphics card does not support "Pbuffers"This error message often occurs if you have old graphics drivers. Please upgrade to the latest version by visiting the manufacturers web site. This error may also occur if you have a very old graphics card which does not support the newer features needed to run Silent Wings. However, the most common reason for this error is old drivers.
Please note that the first time you start Silent Wings, this will happen automatically.
Next, select Start Registration. Then you will be taken to a registration web site where you can do one of the following:
Here you must log in with your user name and password. Next you can enter the values Key1 and Key2 from the Silent Wings registration dialog box.
Just follow the instructions to register your firstname.lastname@example.org with your silentwings.no user name and the old license key (if you have it), and we'll transfer it for you.